Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

My Hope For Peace by Jehan Sadat


I love reading books with personal insights. Like this one, it seems we are talking with each other in one room while she was explaining her concept of peace in the Middle East, founded on his husband's principles on how to attain it. This can compliment your reading on Jimmy Carter's. The husband of the then President Anwar Sadat of Egypt, she now takes her stand in continuing the struggle to achieve peace in the Holy Land. As a woman, she emphasizes the significant role of women to play in the peace process. Jehan Sadat continues to share her hope for peace in the world because she believes this is attainable.

Mindanaoreader notes:


Weapons alone are easy for all men to have, yet claws alone do no make a lion brave.-Al Mutanabi
 Peace. This word, this idea--this goal--is the defining theme of my life.-p.1
Fear is a most effective tool in killing the soul of an individual---and a people.-Anwar Sadat.p23
Without the correct intention, a religious devotion is meaningless; with intention, even the most ordinary activity is transformed into an act of worship.p33
This seems a clear indication of something most Arabs know: a state shaped according to Al Qaeda's vision of Islam is profoundly unappealing, and the means by which they promote their agenda--indiscriminate murder--are unacceptable.p.43
If you have God for a friend and establish a bond of mutual love between you, you will always have peace of mind whatever the circumstances.p55
She believed in me when all others disbelieved; she held me truthful when others called me a liar; she sheltered me when others abandoned me; she comforted me when others shunned me; and Allah granted me children by her while depriving me of children by other women.-Hadithp.133
 If we women fail to support each other, choosing instead to retreat from the battle for our own emancipation, everything we have accomplished will fall into decay, and then, as we say in Arabic, "Only our own eyes will weep for us."-p.172
I will always hope for peace. I will always pray for peace. And so I say to you, As-salaam aleikum, Peace be upon you. p.190





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...